AS9100 is the quality management standard specifically written for the aerospace industry. There have been recent changes made to the standard with the latest revision AS9100 C; this was released in January of 2009 with AS9100 Rev b becoming obsolete in July 2012. All companies with current AS9100 Rev b certificates will need to have made the transition to AS9100:2009 Rev C by July 2012 and all new audits must be conducted against the new standard. TPT have currently supported six customers to reach AS9100 Rev C Transition; Cube Precision, Micro Spring and Presswork, Atlas Composites, Lightning Aerospace, Bassett Engineering, SL Engineering, Midland Tool and Design, Uvox and Trig Engineering and are working with many more.
Benefits of AS9100
AS9100 accreditation will benefit your business in the following ways:
- Reduced costs through improved product reliability
- Improved process control
- Improved documentation of processes
- Greater employee quality awareness
- Reduction in scrap, rework and rejected products
How Can TPT Help?
The process will generally begin with a gap analysis; the purpose being to:
- Establish current state of the management system with practices, and to establish areas of compliance/non-compliance with system requirements
- Evaluate performance of current systems
- Present report to management team, and
- Agree a plan for implementation, and agree the level of support if required.
The gap analysis will be conducted against the specific requirements of AS9100.
The outputs of the gap analysis will be used to develop a bespoke route map to ensure that your company achieves successful accreditation to AS9100. We have taken a number of companies through to successful accreditation and more recently transition to AS9100 Revision C, please click on the case study below for more information.