TPT are currently working in partnership with Maxim Business Solutions to provide Business Improvement Techniques (B-IT) training and NVQ programme at Levels 2 and 3. The programme is appropriate for any business in any sector and comprises a mix of classroom and workshop based training combined with an individual assessment of candidates. Assessment is conducted against a set of approved standards that are aligned with industry best practice and manufacturing excellence.
The Business Improvement Techniques (B-IT) NVQ is part of a strategic programme whose goal is to help the business achieve or exceed customer expectations. The design is structured to help the employer establish a workforce that understands the needs of the customer and also the need to produce products or services efficiently through the elimination of all types of waste.
- Tangible and measurable business benefits – bottom line benefits through improved performance and intangible benefits – marketing opportunities, enhanced reputation, etc.
- A qualified and knowledgeable operational workforce and competent Team Leaders with an understanding of manufacturing and business in general.
- Flexible workforce with transferable skills and an understanding of the manufacturing process and business in general.
- Supports and adds value to the SC21 programme through Manufacturing and Business Excellence alignment.
The NVQ B-IT Programme
The approach to the delivery of the NVQ Business Improvement Techniques training is flexible and can be specifically designed around the company’s requirements with a plan being formulated at the outset. The programme is based on fourteen consultant visits and comprises the following:
- Classroom based training provides the underpinning knowledge of Lean principles, tools and techniques.
- Aligned to the BIT standards and includes: Effective Teams, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Workplace Organisation, Visual Management and many more options.
- Workshops using real life, company specific projects, problems or scenarios which provide a practical application of the tools and techniques.
- One workshop for each of the units.
- A programme of assessment to confirm candidates competence in applying the Lean tools and techniques.
- Composition of a candidate portfolio of evidence for internal and external verification.
NVQ B-IT Level 2 is appropriate for employees who:
- Are involved in improvements as part of an improvement team.
- Require knowledge and understanding of the established tools and techniques.
NVQ B-IT Level 3 is appropriate for employees who:
- Are managers, supervisors or team leaders.
- Have responsibility for carrying out improvements or leading improvement teams.
- Requires more knowledge of tools and techniques.
If you would like more information regarding the NVQ B-IT programme please contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.