Our team has a wide range of skills and experience deriving from their diverse professional backgrounds including manufacturing, auditing, ICT and service sectors. Our highly skilled and qualified team are passionate about continual improvement through the implementation of value added solutions. The pursuit of excellence is a key theme for TPT as all our consultants are EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) assessors.
We are an experienced team with a proven track record within highly competitive manufacturing sectors including Aerospace, Defence, Automotive and Rail.
Tom Townsend – Managing Director
Tom has over 40 years experience in the manufacturing sector and has been consulting for over 21 years with extensive experience in the automotive sector and in recent years within the rail, aerospace and defence sectors.
- BA Statistics (Open University)
- EFQM Assessor
- Team Leader and Assessor supporting the Wales Quality Awards
- ADS Business Excellence Lead Practitioner for the SC21 Programme
- ADS Manufacturing Excellence Lead Practitioner for the SC21 Programme
- Specialist in Lean Tool & Techniques e.g Visual Management, Kaizen, 5S and Value Stream Mapping etc.
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute
Gary Miller – Consultant
Over 40 years hands on experience of Manufacturing and Quality functions from shop floor to Technical Director within the automotive industry. Wide range of industry knowledge achieved by working with the supply chains of some of the major OEMs and Tier 1 Customers i.e. General Motors, GKN, Dana Spicer.
- EFQM Assessor
- IAQG ASD Evaluator and a practising AATT Lead Auditor
- Specialist in SPC (Statistical Process Control) and Lean Tools and Techniques e.g. 5S, Visual Management, 7 Wastes etc.
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Extensive experience in Change Management Programmes using Six Sigma, Kaizen and SPC etc.
- Lead Assessor Quality Management Systems
- Expert in developing, implementing and sustaining quality systems (BS EN ISO9001:2008/TS16949/IRIS)
Matthew Townsend – IT Manager
Matthew has recently joined TPT to develop both our internal and external IT capability. Matthew is responsible for the maintenance of our servers and SharePoint platform, which enables us to communicate effectively as a business. Matthew has also designed and developed our website to make it more user friendly and interactive. He spends much of his time developing bespoke databases to meet customer requirements.
- BSc Computer Science 2.1 (Cardiff University)
- Design and development of Databases including, quote log database, training database, OEE database etc.